Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gifts and Ponderings

Lulls in blogging that go on for multiple months seem to be my new thing.

I don't really have anything to say, but I feel like God is stirring words in my heart.

They may not be written for a long time (or ever), but He's working on something in me. If I blog and share again, I don't want it to be about me. I don't want to try to sound like someone else or worry that my space on the internet is not the prettiest or most technologically savvy. I just want to say what He has put on my heart to say and have it be all about Him and His glory.

That's where I am right now.


Today I am celebrating the second birthday of my sweet, bright, ball of energy little boy. It is his birthday, but I feel like I am the one who has truly received a beautiful gift by being given the privilege of being his mama.

Merry Christmas, friends. May we all remember the true gift we have been given. It does not come wrapped in shiny paper and bows but rather in swaddling clothes. It is not given by a man in a red suit but rather by an almighty loving God.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Melissa!!
    It has been far to long my friend! How are you? Happy Birthday to Eli :) What a precious gift he is. Email me soon. I want to know what is going on in your life and your heart. Merry Christmas. Praise the Lord for His Son!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny? Everytime one of my kiddos has a birthday I feel like I am the one who should be celebrating. I consider their birthday my own celebration for the gift of their birth. What a blessing! (not to mention we are the ones who went through all the pain of getting them here LOL)

    Happy Belated birthday to your little guy!

    ReplyDelete