Saturday, March 12, 2011

And so we wait...

"Then I heard the voice of the LORD saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'" ~ Isaiah 6:8

We're at a place in life that I like to call "limbo." I am not a patient person, so this is a difficult place for me to be. We thought we had a plan, but it didn't turn out as we had hoped. So now, we wait.

We wait on graduation.

We wait on summer.

Above all we wait on God.

God is shaping us as we wait. He is teaching us patience, teaching us to trust. He is teaching us to see a bigger picture.

We had a dream of serving Him overseas. That dream did not play out the way we would have planned, but I am reminded that His plans are always better than our own. Our primary goal above all else is to serve....where we are, as we are. Contentment is a hard thing to come by, but even if we never do anything "big" (by human standards), we will learn to be content.

So we wait. While learning to be content right where we are, we wait.

We wait for an open door.

We wait for God to move. To move us...and we will go wherever He leads.

1 comment: