Tuesday, December 8, 2009

He's Always Been Faithful (and a prelude to the birthday post)


Whoa. That's me (and Eli!) almost one year ago. I was 37 weeks pregnant and had just begun my maternity leave (I didn't know then that my leave would be permanent!).

What a difference a year makes.


Rob looks a little stalkerish...

In just over two weeks my little man will be one year old. This year has brought so many changes and so much joy to our family. When we decided that I would stay home to raise our son, we didn't really know how it would work or how long we would be able to manage it. God provided, and I have had the incredible privilege of spending every day with my son. Not too long ago we really thought I would have to go back to work. We decided to try to adjust our finances to see if I could still stay home, and God has been faithful as always. I have learned that God shows His love for us and His provision in many ways. He initially provided for us financially, but later He provided practical ways for us to be good stewards of what we already had. Without spiritual provision, we wouldn't even make it through the day. As we approach a time in our lives when it feels like things are up in the air and we could go in a dozen different directions, it is comforting to know that God is constant and He will always take care of us. Sometimes I worry too much and forget that He has always kept His promises and that He will never forsake us. It is good for me to remember the times when His care and provision were impossible to overlook and remind myself that He will always be there.

"All I have need of, His hand will provide. He's always been faithful to me."

3 comments:

  1. I love this post - our families have a lot in common. Just when I think that we're not going to get through the next month on one income, something happens and God provides! I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it. I am so blessed to stay home with Micah. Eric teased tonight, "every day is a photoshoot opportunity for you, isn't it?" He is right - I love witnessing the new things my baby does and taking pictures.

    In a few months I will be watching a new little baby girl full time (almost - four days a week). I want to give her mommy a gift by taking tons of pictures of her baby girl and sending them home with her on a flash drive or something. There are so many funny moments and these little babies change so quickly. Just today I looked at Micah and was blown away by how much older he looked to me all of a sudden. It's amazing!

    Plus, don't you find so much wisdom in being a mother full time - doesn't God teach you so many things when you are learning to be patient and frugal and selfless? These lessons would be lost if I were gone 40 hours a week!

    Now that I wrote a whole blog in your comments....

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa I too struggle with remembering that He is always with us! My Bible study was going over this very thing last night. Trusting in the Lord is a hard thing to do but ironically He has never failed us so why do we not believe His promises?? Praise the Lord that you can continue to stay home with that precious boy of yours! God is good and greatly to be praised!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Melissa, I teared up reading this! God is so good - and He's made you and Rob amazing parents. :O) He has blessed you guys and created such a great family who glorifies Him in everything that they do - especially in the heart, which is what matters the most. It's our heritage for our children.

    By the way, you are the most adorable preggo gal EVER! Too cute! And I love the stalker picture. ;o)

    ReplyDelete